Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hi my name is...

Hi my name is Sue and I too am a bagaholic. Here's a few examples of bags that I've created lately and you can see more of my work on my blog.

I have been a sewer for over 25 years now and one of my favorite things to sew are purses and bags. I have a closet full of bags and yet I still have to make more! I think bags are the perfect canvas to showcase surface design techniques. Wearing your creation over your shoulder or carrying your supplies in a bag to work or to a class that you’ve created with your embellished original fabric is a perfect way to show it off for all the world to see! And because you typically don’t need a lot of fabric to create a bag it's an ideal canvas for experimenting with different techniques without having to create yards and yards of fabric to sew with. Right now on my sewing table I have a pile of linen and cotton fabrics dyed with walnut ink that are waiting to be turned into a bag. What's on your sewing table waiting to be turned into a bag?

3 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

Hi Sue,

Great bags! I made one very similar to the one in the upper right-hand corner--the Denise Schmidt fabrics! They are all very colorful and beautiful!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm glad you're here! You definitely have a problem *wink*. Great bags, can't wait to see more!

12:13 AM  
Blogger lindiepindie said...

Beautiful bags! The one with the clear pockets filled with buttons is so fun and creative. Great collage.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home