Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Peace grocery bag



I make cloth grocery bags that I donate to my church which they sell as a fund raiser. I thought putting a peace symbol on a bag would be fun. Here's how it progressed...I stitched the center with a machine satin stitch but I wanted the outside circle to be more scrappy so tacked down the pieces with little bits of stitch witch and then did a serpentine stitch down the center and straight stitching along each edge. I am hoping this will fray nicely with use.

If you want to see how I make these grocery bags you can visit my modest blog entry here where I attempted to share a tutorial.

Peace,
Denise

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda L said...

What a great idea! My staff are getting me to think more "green" so I really like the grocery bags and went to your blog for instructions. Thanks for sharing.

3:55 AM  
Blogger CBM said...

They're really effective. Thanks for showing.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

That's a great idea for your grocery bag!!! fake handbag

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home