Sunday, June 11, 2006

My current favorite bag

Hi! Inaugural post here...First off, I have been inspired by all the great bags here -- wonderful variety in styles and fabric combinations! A little about myself...I'm fairly new to the bag obsession (I spent years carting a Land's End diaper bag before it was ditched recently) having just rediscovered sewing again. But as many of you know, it's addictive! But here is my current favorite bag:
It crafted from mainly from thrift store finds (the quilted velvet was a cast-off from a theatre company -- it was labeled "the Countessa's gown"). The inside has about 7 pockets -- you can never have too much - for pens, cell phone, pocketbook, planner, and etc.

I love this bag because it is roomy,soft, durable and goes with everything. I tend to favor darker, neutral tones and then use embellishments to add some fun and color. The rosette is a doubled up lavendar organza that was hand sewn in a spiral.

I've been resistant to exchanging it for a more summery bag!

3 Comments:

Blogger lindiepindie said...

If you love it, then don't change it! I think it could be used year-round! Welcome Quenna!

3:30 PM  
Blogger blissful said...

Thanks! It our fog-filled summers, I think it will be OK!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your bag too. I'd keep using it, but then I'm no fashion statement.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home