Sunday, June 11, 2006

My First Quilted Bag

This is my first attemp at a quilted bag. I've seen them all over the place, it seems, but the only places I can think of right now are Creative Little Daisy and Cindi's Sewing. What a fun bag to make - but it really makes me want to head out and buy more fabric to mix and match. Dangerous urges...
I'd like to try one with freemotion quilting instead of just the lines, and maybe wider strips. Has anyone tried the freemotion quilting? I'm wondering how it will look.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Beautiful bag! These ARE addicting! Thanks to Autum and her posting of the dimensions, I have made five of them! Every time I see fabrics, I imagine another combination.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I've done quite a bit of free quilting and it's fun. I've done it for bags and if the fabric isn't really busy it looks great. Try it!

9:55 AM  
Blogger lilymarlene said...

Free motion quilting for a bag is really managable. And fun! I found this lady's book a great help. It is not expensive and full of tips.....
http://www.cjunebarnes.co.uk/Available1.html

1:57 PM  
Blogger Cindi said...

free motion! Oh, what an idea...a new bag in the planning stages...thanks!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home